Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Going through my stuff

I'm trying to go through the stuff in my room, getting rid of junk and packing stuff I want to keep in boxes. Not an easy proposition. I am rather attached to my stuff, and even though I haven't needed these things in the years I've been away, I still have psychological difficulties letting go of it. Old photos and keepsakes, bringing back so many memories! ... and other assorted junk. One thing is certain however: I should never need to buy any more pens or pencils ever again in my life. I've found piles of old pens and pencils, because every year when I was in school I bought new ones without disposing of the previous batch. (It was part of the back-to-school ritual: new pens and notebooks = fresh new start!) Now I have more pens than I or anyone in my family could possibly need. Knowing myself though, this will not stop me from buying new ones.

No comments: